To turn on AWE, there are three steps:
- Add the /pae switch to boot.ini to allow Windows 2000/2003 to access more than 4 GB of memory
- Grant “Lock Pages in Memory” to the user account that runs the SQL Server process
- Set the configuration setting “AWE Enabled” to 1.sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1 RECONFIGURE GO sp_configure 'awe enabled', 1 RECONFIGURE GOsp_configure 'min server memory', 1024 RECONFIGURE GO sp_configure 'max server memory', 6144 RECONFIGURE GO
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Manually, using T-SQL :
1. On the primary server, execute sp_delete_log_shipping_primary_secondary to delete the information about the secondary database from the primary server.
@primary_database = N'AdventureWorks'
,@secondary_server = N'LogShippingServer'
,@secondary_database = N'LogShipAdventureWorks'
2. On the secondary server, execute sp_delete_log_shipping_secondary_database to delete the secondary database.
3. On the primary server, execute sp_delete_log_shipping_primary_database to delete information about the log shipping configuration from the primary server. This also deletes the backup job.